Superwomen

I kinda forgot I wrote this on my 27th birthday. I remembered that day was like a rollercoaster ride of emotion, which somehow turned to be special.

Well, maybe it's a bit late to post something about my last birthday, but I felt someone out there would find this relatable.

So, yeah, here you go.

Enjoy.


-Written on November 29th, 2022

Today is my 27th birthday.

After years and years getting older, somehow my birthday this year seems ordinary yet exciting.

Why ordinary? Because I didn't do anything special or any different then my daily routine.

Why exciting? Because it's my freaking birthday!

I went to the office, took KRL like most of the time, scrolled down Twitter to kill the time, and found a tweet by a sweet lady whose ex-husband is cheating with an aspiring actress (IYKYK). She posted a letter she wrote a year ago and it was heart breaking. Being a woman, a wife, and a mom. Then, I read the replies and some other women share their experience as well as their encouragement words.

Okay, I decided to scroll more, I want to fill my morning with a light and heartwarming information or even funny memes. Hold up, it's a 12 years old girl who was beaten up by Israel soldier. Sick. Horrible. Terrifying. I held on my tears.


After a quiet busy morning, it's lunch time, and, of course, coffee time~

Went downstairs, order a cup of iced coffee latte, and wait. However, there is a group of young women with kids talking about their marriage life. I cannot help but listening (I know, it's not good to eavesdropping). I know they just want to share the struggles in their life, catching up with friends. Married young, having children in younger age. Kinda feels like listening to some of my friends. It hits me. It is hard, even for me to imagine, being a woman, a wife, and a mom.

So, my prayers this year for my birthday is to deal with my resentments towards my mom. To wish all of my friends, who has children, to be strong as ever, to be given the strength to standing up after falling down, to be given all the patience in the world.

And, if I ever got the chance to be a wife and a mom, I hope God gives me the strength and patience, just like any other superwomen out there.

Komentar